General: all subject areas.
In particular: for people entering a new marriage or cohabitation bringing children from previous relationships with them.
Many people think that they will do better in a second (or third) marriage or cohabitation. However, it is not well known that spouses or partnerships in which a partner has previously been married or lived in a previous cohabitation, have a much higher divorce/separation risk, as marriages or relationships that are a first for both partners. Nor is it well known that problems around children from previous relationships are the main reason for the failure of second or subsequent relationships.
I therefore offer counselling/ advice to the following persons:
Secondary/successive women: these are women who have a partner who is divorced or separated, usually with one or more children from this previous relationship. Note: the term is not meant in any way as pejorative, but is used to describe the situation succinctly.
- Stepmothers, living in a household with stepchildren
- Stepfathers, living in a household with stepchildren
- Stepchildren, living in a household with stepparents
- Fathers, who have problems with the post-divorce/ separation situation
- Mothers, who have problems with the post-divorce/ separation situation
- Children, who have problems with the post-divorce/ separation situation